Springdale, AR (April 8, 2020) — George’s Inc., a fourth generation, family owned and operated company founded a century ago, has implemented a series of new safeguards to protect the health and safety of its workforce spanning corporate offices, production facilities, truck shops, feed mills and hatcheries across all four states in which they operate.
“The health and safety of our team members is our number one priority, said Charles George, George’s co-CEO. “We are taking extraordinary measures to make sure our team members feel safe and empowered to come to work. We are grateful for our team, who show up every day and are committed to maintaining our vital food supply.”
As an essential part of the food supply chain, George’s continues to operate supporting the demand for chicken, while doing everything in its power to protect its team members. In early March, George’s activated their Infectious Disease Response plan and has been increasing health and safety protocols as needed.
The new protocols George’s has initiated include but are not limited to:
- Institution of an immediate and aggressive educational campaign on best practices for social hygiene, social distancing, and signs/symptoms of potential COVID-19 infection
- Establishment of an internal COVID-19 Task Force that is responsible for monitoring and adopting policies and procedures based on the most current information and guidance
- Team member screenings, including temperature checks utilizing Thermal imagining cameras prior to the beginning of each work shift and prior to entry
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation of all common use areas (breakrooms, restrooms, etc.)
- Comprehensive production floor sanitation that occurs every night, including a complete sanitation of all machinery
- Restriction of all non-essential business travel and instituted a screening process for those returning from personal travel
- Preparation of an Infectious Disease Response Plan, that will be implemented in conjunction with local authorities, if a team member contracts COVID-19
- Social distancing use of visual management tools, and installation of physical barriers, including plastic dividers in break rooms and partitions between workers where distancing is not feasible
- Actively working to secure adequate supplies of face covers for team members, in accordance with CDC voluntary guidelines for wearing cloth masks
- George’s provides paid leave via our short-term disability program for team members who have extended absences due to COVID-19 or other serious illnesses and provides a similar benefit for team members who may be directed to self-quarantine based on potential COVID-19 exposure.
George’s continues to conduct daily calls with the local crisis response teams and is working with federal and local agencies to ensure all their actions align with available guidelines and procedures to protect their team members. Understanding the critical role they play, George’s is committed to being a resource for their team members, customers, and consumers.
For more information please contact Belinda Mayo at Belinda.Mayo@georgesinc.com
About George’s Inc:
Founded in the 1920’s in Springdale Arkansas, George’s Inc. is a fourth generation, family owned and operated company. George’s is among the top 10 largest vertically integrated chicken producers in America, who have diversified its protein assortment beyond poultry. They employ a team of over 7,000 in eight production locations across four states (Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee and Virginia). George’s is innovation-driven and stays at the forefront of product trends by partnering with customers to create craveable insight-driven food. For more information visit www.GeorgesInc.com, follow on LinkedIn and YouTube.