Temporary income increased for essential hourly and weekly workers plus other efforts instituted to care for workforce community
Springdale, AR (April 6, 2020) — George’s Inc., a fourth generation, family owned, and operated company founded a century ago, announced its plan to pay more than 7,300 employees a temporary appreciation bonus, as of March 15th through April 25. The approximately $5 million in bonuses will go to those essential team members and drivers who are bringing safe and high-quality protein products to communities around the country and the world during the Coronavirus pandemic.
“We are especially grateful to our team of frontline professionals across our entire supply chain who have risen to the challenge of meeting the increased demand for food among our customers, consumers and operators,” said Charles George, George’s co-CEO. “It’s only right that we reward and recognize the critical role they all play in maintaining a vital food supply.”
In addition to the bonuses, George’s implemented a series of safeguards to support its workforce spanning corporate offices, production facilities, truck shops, feed mills and hatcheries across all four states in which we operate.
Among the activities George’s has initiated, include but are not limited to:
• Healthcare Benefits:
- Copays have been waived for George’s medical plan members for telemedicine, as well as waving copay and coinsurance for COVID19 testing in network
- No wait time for short term disability or salary continuation payments for sick employees
• Preventative Measures:
- Implemented the use of thermal Imagining cameras at all production facilities before each shift; as well as utilizing temporal thermometers at corporate and all other off-site locations where essential employees report to work
- Introduced protocols to identify potential exposure to COVID-19; following CDC’s guidance on quarantines
- Sharing government issued health and safety best practices with supply partners, within the food industry & our communities
- Instituted enhanced cleaning procedures in all common areas
- Conducting daily corporate crisis response team meetings
- Instituted meeting and travel restrictions for all George’s employees, business partners, contractors, suppliers and vendors; all nonessential personnel are working from home
• Food Supply:
- Expanded accessibility of product to those in need
- Diligently monitoring manufacturing and supply facilities to insure no disruptions to the supply
“In addition to our own workforce, we wish to thank all the healthcare professionals, first responders, local, state, federal government agencies, and everyone working to keep us safe during this unprecedented crisis,” added Carl George.
For more information please contact Belinda Mayo at Belinda.Mayo@georgesinc.com
About George’s Inc:
Founded in the 1920’s in Springdale Arkansas, George’s Inc. is a fourth generation, family owned and operated company. George’s is among the top 10 largest vertically integrated chicken producers in America, who have diversified its protein assortment beyond poultry. They employ a team of over 7,000 in eight production locations across four states (Arkansas, Missouri, Tennessee and Virginia). George’s is innovation-driven and stays at the forefront of product trends by partnering with customers to create craveable insight-driven food. For more information visit www.GeorgesInc.com, follow on LinkedIn and YouTube.