Slow-Roasted Chicken with Garlic and Herbs
8 pieces (about 2 pounds) George’s Chicken Drumsticks and Thighs, thawed, rinsed and patted dry
Non-stick cooking spray
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
12 cloves garlic, peeled
8 sprigs thyme
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chicken broth or white wine
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly coat a 9” x 13” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a pie plate or large dish. Coat chicken with seasoned flour, and pat lightly to remove excess. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium- high heat. In two batches, arrange leg pieces, skin side down, in skillet. Cook until golden brown on both sides, about 10–12 minutes. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Add garlic, thyme, parsley and chicken broth or wine to baking dish. Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes. Uncover baking dish, spoon pan juices over chicken, and bake 25-30 minutes more, until cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and let sit for 10 minutes, loosely covered with foil.
- While chicken is resting, pour garlic, herbs and drippings into a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter and stir until butter browns, about 1-2 minutes. Add fresh lemon juice to sauce, pour over chicken and serve.